Application forms for the ALaRI master programs are available at the following addresses:
- Online application form (to be preferred whenever possible)
- Paper application form to be shipped along with the required documentation at:
Advanced Learning and Research Institute
University of Lugano
Via G. Buffi 13
6904 Lugano Switzerland
Please read the full application instructions before applying.
The application procedure is as follows:
- You send your application to the ALaRI Institute either by using the online form or by post.
- The ALaRI Institute receives your application and sends you an acknowledgment by e-mail.
- Next the Admission Committee selects the students for the Master of Science and for Master of Advanced Studies programs.
- The ALaRI Institute informs you about the decision of the ALaRI Admission Committee (acceptance with or without scholarship, conditional acceptance, waiting list, or rejection) by e-mail and post.
- If you are accepted to one of the programs you are asked to confirm your participation to the selected program by e-mail as soon as possible.
While submitting your application you will be asked to provide the following documents:
- A copy of your University degree(s). If you do not have your degree at the time of application, please send a copy of your current transcript with course grades. As soon as your degree is awarded, please send us a copy.
- Transcript detailing the courses attended in each academic year.
- Passport format photos of yourself (format: 3.5 x 4.5 cm color photo, 3 copies if applying by post).
- A photocopy of your identity card or passport. For foreigners already living in Switzerland: a copy of your residence permit.
- A curriculum vitae (resume) detailing your academic, and if applicable, your professional experience, including any publications, references, honors or awards that you might have received
- Letters of recommendation (appreciated but not mandatory, maximum 3).
All documents and diplomas must be in English, French, German, Italian, or Spanish. Please attach certified translated copies of all documents written in other languages.