|Professor|| Balemi Silvano
|Course program|| MSc
A CPS interacts with the environment and with other CPS in order to accomplish higher goals. Such goals may require a suitable real-time behavior with the acquisition and processing of signals and the real-time computation and transmission of information and/or the application of the necessary actuations.
The objective of the course is to educate CPS and embedded engineers to work in interdisciplinary teams in which they are faced with control engineering and automation issues.
The students learn how to understand the issues connecting together sensing, actuation, communication and control design, to communicate with control engineers and to master the tools and methods necessary to implement a CPS.
- Review of mathematical tools and continuous-time models
- Discrete-time signals and sampled systems
- Digital Control and signal estimation (on-line optimization, Kalman filters)
- Quantization and ranges: sources, propagation; scaling and sample rate selection
- Practical implementation issues in embedded systems
- Control of hybrid systems
- Fault diagnosis and faul-tolerant control
- Inter-system communication, Real-time field buses
- Rapid control prototyping and Hardware in the loop methods
- Laboratory implementation of an embedded controller for a mechatronic system